Fried Pomfret (シマガツオ科) In Chilli Sauce.
They say man makes delicious foods so the man cooks better than a woman !
But honestly, I think gender has nothing to do with who's cooking best or not but what matters is the skill and knowledge of the person. Classic example - my mother cooked better than my father ! For us in Asia, this is not an issue at all since its in the culture that woman cook and the man do the job for the family.
By the way, I love to cook and I consider myself really gifted with it.
These special menus (special request from my kids) are a perfect way to treat them and family.
- Cleaned and rinsed the Pomfret fish. Add in a little salt, tamarind powder and marinade the fish for 20 minutes. If the Pomfret is big or the flesh is thick, make sure to cut across the flesh till the bone so that it will cook faster.
- You may sprinkled cornflour (lightly dust) to the Pomfret (Optional).
- Place the fried Pompret on large plate and get ready to cook the sauce.
- Heat the cooking oil.
- Add the garlic and ginger together (Wait till you smell the fragrant).
- Add in the sliced tomato,cucumber,chili and onion
- Add chili sauce together with lime juice.
- Stir-fry for few minutes.
- Now you may pour the chile sauce over the frieded Pompret and ready to serve with hot plain rice.
By the way, this is the actual ingredients:
- 1/2 kg Pomfret fish or Black Pomfret (シマガツオ科)
- 2 Tomoto (sliced)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 or 5 red chillis (to remove seeds)
- 2 cm ginger
- 1 small cucumber sliced
- 1 or 2 large onion (sliced)
- 2 pcs of lime (need the juice)
- Chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil