Wednesday 8 June 2011

Sigma 70-300mm F/4-5.6 APO DG - Testing Shots.

I purchased this lens and expecting something with acceptable quality images.Here's some sample shots taken with the Nikon D3000! The Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 DG APO macro came close to a surprise but it still far behind the Nikkor 70-200mm 2.8. It delivered pretty decent results in most aspects especially at 70mm and 200mm. However, the colors on the pictures taken by Sigma were a little bit more appealing but again only when looked at under lot of scrutiny.As such it still remains an interesting budget solution. If you prefer a sharp border to border quality look elsewhere though and prepare yourself to invest quite a bit more.For me - I was absolutely thrilled with the closeups from the Sigma !  Happy shooting guys ...


 Sure its not as fast of a focuser as Nikon's AF-S lenses, but it's also about half of the Nikkor price.


This len has given me some great shots without putting a "big hole" in my pocket.


I dont make my living as photographer - as such , this kind of quality is quite acceptable.

 
Not so sharp ! I missed image stabalization but during the day with a fast aperture and shutter its not a deal breaker. Suggested shooting with a mono/tripod for extra stability.


I took a little over 2,000 images with this lense and I am satisfied and have to admit that it is a good lense for outdoor with plenty of light.


Other than images that I took with this lens, I have also posted images taken from many of the other lenses I own . Please check them out and read through all my postings.


So far I'm very happy with this lens, as time goes on I'm sure I'll experiment with settings, subjects and distances in the future.



Sigma’s 70-300mm F4-5.6 APO DG Macro is a compact telephoto zoom lens. With a range that is useful for candid portraiture, capturing children playing in the backyard, amateur sports or even wildlife at the zoo. This lens is usually the lens that photographers reach for first. It’s great on vacation for capturing scenic details or even groups of flowers in a garden.






Interested parties are welcomed to reproduce or quote materials published in this blog with the condition  that they are
credited to
http://hasnulyakin.blogspot.com/ to avoid misunderstanding.Thank you.